FAQ For advertising within the BDJ and online
- How do I place an online advert on BDJ Jobs?
- How much will my online advert cost?
- How do I pay for my advert?
- How do I place a print advert in the BDJ?
- How much will my print advert cost?
- I want to keep my contact details confidential on my advert, how can I do this?
- I want to get my advert online immediately, how can I do this?
- An advert does not have any contact details; it says please reply to box number.... How do I apply for this job?
- I want to place an advert but I’m not sure how to word it?
- I want to amend my current advert/repeat my previous advert, how can I do this?
- Can I include my practice logo and/or a picture within my advert?
- I want to cancel my advert, how can I do this?
- I would like to see a proof of my advert, can I do this?
- When are the deadlines for placing an advert?
- How do I contact the BDJ advertising team directly?
1. How do I place an online advert on BDJ Jobs?
You can now place your online adverts directly on to the website. Visit www.bdjjobs.com and register or log in to your account. Click the ‘post a job’ button to post your advert. If you need any help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find a guide to writing a job advert here.
2. How much will my online advert cost?
Click here for our affordable pricing options.
3. How do I pay for my advert?
Online-only adverts can be paid via the website. We accept Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard and Amex.
For print adverts costing under £200 we require prepayment. We accept Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard and Amex. You may also pay by bank transfer or cheque however please be aware that your payment needs to be received by 5pm on a deadline day or your advert will not be placed.
For adverts costing over £200 we can also invoice.
Please note that we always require your full address in order to confirm any advert, without this we cannot proceed. For returning clients a postcode will normally suffice.
4. How do I place a print advert in the BDJ?
It is very simple to advertise with us. All you need to do is email the text of the advert you would like to place to email@example.com. On receipt of the email you will receive an automated notification saying we have received it and will be back in touch within 24 hours.
We always endeavour to contact you within the same day and do work hard on deadlines to reply as soon as possible. However, to avoid missing out please do not leave your advert until the last minute as we cannot guarantee insertion. We can also place this advert online for you if you require.
5. How much will my print advert cost?
To obtain a quote email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
The full description of your advert
Your telephone number and full billing address
6. I want to keep my contact details confidential on my advert, how can I do this?
If you did not want your contact details to be advertised on your advert please call the Sales Team who can provide solutions.
7. I want to get my advert online immediately, how can I do this?
You can create and post adverts immediately on our website www.bdjjobs.com yourself.
If you would like us to do it, we can get adverts posted on our website www.bdjjobs.com within 24 hours of confirmation. Please note there are additional charges starting from £98 (exc. VAT) for this service.
8. How do I apply to adverts with box numbers?
Please email your application to email@example.com, quoting the box number you are replying to in the subject line of the email.
9. I want to place an advert but I’m not sure how to word it?
Please contact the Sales Team who can provide a checklist and advice on best practice.
10. I want to amend my current advert/repeat my previous advert, how can I do this?
With repeats we can usually do these over the phone. We just require the booking ID of the advert, which is displayed on your booking confirmation email, or your postcode.
If you wish to amend your current advert, or repeat a previous advert with amendments the easiest way to do this would be to send an email with the booking ID number of the advert and the amendment to firstname.lastname@example.org. This reduces the possibility of mistakes especially when changing contact details.
We will always call or email to confirm before making any changes or repeating any adverts.
11. Can I include my practice logo and/or a picture within my advert?
To add a practice logo to your online advert, simply upload a high resolution PDF or .JPEG file with your wording on the website. Make sure the size is 360x180pixels.
For print adverts, we can only place pictures or logos in boxed ads. All you would need to do is send it across in a high resolution PDF or .JPEG file, we can do the rest.
12. I want to cancel my advert, how can I do this?
Adverts cannot be cancelled once they are published online. You will be able to expire your online-only advert at any time by logging into your account and opting to do this on the website.
13. I would like to see a proof of my advert, can I do this?
If you are uploading an online advert, you can preview it before posting.
We can also provide proofs for print adverts up until the day before deadline. As proofs take up to 48 hours to produce please ensure your request is with us no later than the Friday before deadline.
Please note that we will produce a maximum of 3 proofs per advert and we do not proof wordage ads.
14. When are the deadlines for placing an advert?
The BDJ is released every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month. The deadline for every issue is always the Tuesday before at 5pm. All adverts must be confirmed by 5pm on deadline days otherwise we cannot guarantee placement.
There is no deadline for placing an online advert.
15. How do I contact the BDJ advertising team directly?
If you require any help or more information about advertising in the BDJ please do not hesitate to contact us. We can be reached on email at email@example.com or on 0207 843 4729.
Our office opening hours are:
9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
The office is closed on weekends and bank holidays.
Occasionally our phone lines are very busy, especially on deadlines. If you cannot get through on first attempt please try again later, or alternatively send us an email and we will call you back.